Thursday, August 1, 2019

Nassau County Introduces A New Service To Protect Homeowners From Title Fraud




Nassau County Introduces A New Service To Protect Homeowners From Title Fraud.This service will alert property owners with an email notification when a document with their name and address is filed with the office of the Nassau County Clerk.



Transcript of Video


Hello Nassau county homeowner. This is Mark Schreier from Century 21 American Homes Real Estate, and like most of us when we get bulk mailing in the mail, we end up throwing it in the trash. But I did happen to read one recently because it looked like it had some important information and stay tuned because that's gonna be what I'm going to discuss with you on this upcoming video.

Hello. This is Mark Schreier with Century 21 American Homes, Real Estate and every now and then I find an important public service announcement. And today I'm going to discuss with you a mailing that I recently got a bulk mailing So a lot of us including myself throw these things out without even looking at it this time I decided to read it.

And it's from the county clerk. It looks like this

from Marin O'Connell and this one is actually a good one. Um, for anybody looking to protect their house when it comes to filings, uh, on for their property. And what it is, is a service that you sign up for online. I will include the link.

Would this and you sign up online, you

include your name, your contact information, and any time there's any sort of um, filing in the county clerk's office on your property, you will get an email notification. I haven't gotten any emails and notifications yet. I don't know how quickly they'll be generated. But I'll read you the, a little, um, tidbit of the first or second paragraph. It says, this new service will alert property owners with an email notification when a document with their name is filed with the Office of the Nassau County Clerk. Uh, she's trying to protect the records and, and um, that's a good thing. So again, look for this mailing in your mail if it's lying around. If not, there is a link. You go directly to that particular website and you just put in your contact information and it's another way to protect yourself. Because I will tell you as a realtor, a lot of times sellers, when they put their house up on the market and they finally get that buyer, all of a sudden there was a problem with the title that their leans on their house that they didn't expect.

So in this case, you get a chance to be proactive rather than reactive. Even if you don't plan on selling your house in the near future, it's definitely something that you should take care of now so you don't have the headaches later. Hello? Yes, I'm talking to you, the person that watched my video to the very end. Thanks a lot for watching. If you enjoyed it, please give me a big thumbs up. Subscribe to my youtube channel like me on Facebook. I am a licensed real estate agent in New York state, but I also have a referral service that deals nationwide. So if you're looking for to buy or sell a house anywhere in the United States, please send me a text, contact me via phone and I'll set you up with a local professional in your area. If you're in my vicinity, I'd be more than happy to help you out in any of your real estate transactions that you'd like. This is Mark Schreier from Century 21 American Homes, and I'll talk to you soon.

RESOURCES & LINKS MENTIONED IN THIS VIDEO: Nassau County Clerk Fraud Alert Sign Link: Fraud Alert Application Please feel free to contact me with questions via: email, text or a phone call. email: Realtor@markschreier.com Cell: 516.263.9094 Subscribe to my YouTube Channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbLijRRI32zyVqIFWv3jzGA



Website: Visit my Website Making Dreams Come True One Home At A Time.