Tuesday, September 3, 2019

Plainview, N.Y. Market Report August 2019



Plainview, N.Y. Market Report. Residential real estate closings and under contracts for August 2019 in the town of Plainview, N.Y. School District #4 POB. Mark Schreier Licensed Sales Associate with Century 21 American Homes Real Estate discusses closings, under contracts and absorption rate for Plainview, New York.

Question/comments 

email: Realtor@markschreier.com

Cell: 516.263.9094

Website:

http://bit.ly/2xLPW51learnmore


Making Dreams Come True One Home At A Time

Transcript of video:

Hello everybody. This is Mark Schreier from Century 21 American Homes and we are at the beginning of September, 2019 and that means a market review for the month of August. Today's town I'm going to be covering is Plainview, NY. I almost said Syosset but Plainview long island school district four POB or Plainview old Bethpage school district. If you would like a market review for your town in the next video, definitely leave it in the comments below or instant message me and I'll be more than happy to accommodate and make a market review for your town in the coming videos. Uh, let's start with the data and I got a lot of it. Um, I'm going to be putting this information up on the screen behind me while I am talking about it. But let's start with the particular under contracts for Plainview Old Bethpage. The month of from August 1st to August 31st, 2019 27 houses actually went to contract this month.                                       
27 houses went under contract. Would a total, uh, or main or average list price of $623,357 and the median price of 599 k the original price of those houses when they first went on the market was six hundred thirty six thousand three hundred fifty four was the actual original price, um, mean or the average of the original listings. And they went down a little when they actually went on to contract. Let's now check out the same thing. School district four the actual houses that close for that month, there was 600 and uh, excuse me, there were 23 houses that closed compared to 27 that went to contract. 23 houses closed with the average selling price of $693,174 and the median price was 655,500 for the houses that actually sold in August. So we had 27 that actually went on to contract in August, 2019 and 23 that actually closed in 2019.
The other piece of information I'm going to put up is these sold property counts total. Now I'm just putting it up in a bar graph chart that you can see it and a regular graph that you'll see a linear graph on the side, but the numbers are slightly different. We have 23 here and there just goes to show you a, uh, how statistics works depending upon where you pull the data. And this data has been pulled from multiple listing service, but it could be off by a day or maybe they pulled this in the afternoon and this they pulled at a different time. But this says a current, the amount of houses that sold it as a or pass title 22. And then if one piece of information that I find interesting, this is comparing three years, August of 2017, 2018 and 2019. So the current year, which is 2019 22 houses have actually passed title last year, 44 houses. That's a significant decrease in the amount of houses that actually pass title. But if you go for the other numbers, you'll see the change of percent change anywhere from 11.8 and then June was 9.7 these are all negative 9.7 down 12 and a half percent up 9.5 down 15% for March. So this is all data that realtors use or you can use to help figure out the tone of the market or the trends of the market. And another very important piece of information that you should use to figure out where the market is is something called absorption rate. And I'm going to include in this video a link to the video I made about absorption rate and getting into more detail about that and take all this information, put it together and it will help you decide whether or not we are in a buyer's market seller's market somewhere in the middle. Um, I hope this helped you somewhat. If you need, if you have any questions, please include them down below or instant message me. This is Mark Schreier from Century 21 American Homes. Please. If you haven't subscribed to my YouTube channel, give it a thumbs up. If you didn't like it, give it a thumbs down and definitely hit the notifications button. If you subscribe to the channel so you can be notified whenever a new, uh, whenever I upload a new video on different topic, I'm always looking for topics to include in these videos. Again, instant message me or include them on the bottom. If you have a certain topic in mind. Mark Schreier, thanks. Hello. Yes, I'm talking to you, the person that watched my video to the very end. Thanks a lot for watching. If you enjoyed it, please give me a big thumbs up. Subscribe to my YouTube channel like me on Facebook. I am a licensed real estate agent agent in New York state, but I also have a referral service that deals nationwide. So if you're looking for to buy or sell a house anywhere in the United States, please send me a text, contact me via phone and I'll set you up with a local professional in your area. If you're in my vicinity of the more than happy to help you out in any of your real estate transactions that you'd like. This is Mark Schreier from Century 21 American H omes, and I'll talk to you soon.